evening primrose

Feel free to discuss any topics here that don't fit in to the other forum topics.

Moderator: admin

evening primrose

Postby lynn » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:46 am

I was advised to start taking Evening Primrose oil while I'm trying to conceive. What doe this do?
lynn

Re: evening primrose

Postby markalexis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:23 am

i have heard of the same advise from a friend but i am really sure too what behind this.
markalexis

Re: evening primrose

Postby smith30 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:56 am

Evening Primrose is a North American native biennial plant. The plants are very tall, often 4 to 5 feet or more in height. The stem is erect, stout, soft-hairy, reddish and branching forming a shrub. Leaves are alternate, rough-hairy, lanceolate, about 3 to 6 inches long and lemon-scented. The taproot is elongated, fibrous, yellow on the outside and whitish within. The flower spikes grow on auxiliary branches all along the stalk. They are about 2-1/2 inched in diameter, bright yellow and have four petals, a cross shaped stigma and a refluxed calyx (leaves under petals). The flowers open in the evening and close up during the day and are strongly scented with a delicious sweet perfume which attracts pollinating moths. The fruit is an oblong 1 in. capsule containing many tiny reddish seeds.
smith30

Return to Open Discussion